Is there a way to stop automatically regenerating after closing out of refedit? There are times for me that using refedit is preferable to using bedit. However, unlike blockedit, I cannot save my drawing file while I am still in the refedit command. This means I can only save the file after exiting refedit. The big problem here is that it is very common to zoom in close when editing a block. Once I enter refclose the drawing automatically wants to regenerate to accommodate the zoomed-in view I happen to be at at the time. This often results in AutoCAD freezing up for several minutes just to regenerate to a tightly zoomed view that I needed only for the refedit work. Many times CAD completely locks up and I wind up loosing whatever work was done - at the least what work was done within the block, and at times any work done before. Since AutoCAD will not allow save during refedit, this creates an imposed problem. I'm constantly trying my best to remember to save just prior to refedit. I also try to remember to zoom to a further extent just prior to closing out of refedit. This last step typically will stop the automatic regen upon closing. However, I've been using AutoCAD for almost 20 years and did not have this problem until more recent releases, so my very old habit is to simply close out of refedit without performing this last step.