Thread: sheet list and revision schedule

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default sheet list and revision schedule

Trying to figure out how to connect the revision schedule with the sheet list?
    right now, a coworker created the sheet list and where the 'x' is, is where the sheet has been submitted, are text parameters.
    got to be a way to do this in a little smarter way.

remembering that this can be done in ACA15.

thank you.

sheet-revision list.png

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: sheet list and revision schedule

or better way of saying, how do I show the sheets that will be issued in the sheet list?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

To do it your way, each of those columns in the sheet list will need to be it's own parameter. Then add yes/no parameters to sheets to filter by as it appears in each set, and you will need to manually check the yes/no on each set. The intelligent way to do it would be to just add the yes/no parameter to sheets and then filter the schedule so sheets not in the set do not appear at all and forgo that check box matrix.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Revitaoist View Post
    The intelligent way to do it would be to just add the yes/no parameter to sheets and then filter the schedule so sheets not in the set do not appear at all and forgo that check box matrix.
    If you skip the check boxes on your drawing list (which I agree is a bit redundant), then I don't think you even need a Yes/No parameter to filter the schedule. Each set is issued on a different date, so just use the "Appears in Sheet List" parameter that is part of Revit OOTB. You can still populate a list of issuances on each sheet, so you know when you've issued it, but the drawing list at the beginning of your set would just have the list included in the current issuance.

As an aside, I wouldn't use the revision schedule the way you show. IMHO/experience, revisions are for making changes to a set that has already been issued. On your sheet, I have a field for Issue Name (eg - 100% Design Development) and Issue Date. If I need to make modifications to my DD submission with a late-breaking change, a clarification, or to correct an omission while the cost estimate is being performed, I make the change, bubble it on the sheet (which populates my revision schedule on that sheet), then send just those sheets with revisions out to the team/client/etc.

That's not what you asked about and you may already understand all these things. That said, I often feel that Revit uncovers the "that's how we've always done it" issues. Sometimes I try really hard to bend Revit to my will, even if the software isn't set up in that way. Sometimes I take the path of least resistance if there is another viable way both project-wise and Revit-wise. Just my two cents!