Thread: Extracting Point values from C3D point?

Login to Give a bone

Default Extracting Point values from C3D point?

I have been trying for awhile to come up with a way to extract the elevation value in particular for a C3D point and have it fill out a field or a Block attribute. I need the value to be visible in paperspace in my title block.
    I have tried using C3D point tables but found that the field would auto-scale every time you zoomed as they are designed for model space only. I also tried mview to the model space and this works until I move the table in modelspace.( I need to be able to do this as I drawn local near 0,0 then shift to geodetic at a later date.

The latest idea I have was to attach a block to the point label style and attempting to use the field value of the block to display the elevation. I have not gotten this working just yet thou. I am able to create a block and a corresponding Field that does display the elevation of the block after moving it. But when I attach this block to the point label style as a component I no longer see the field value.

Any suggestions as to how to go about this? I don't even mind buying a routine if someone has come across one.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Extracting Point values from C3D point?

I explode line and curve tables then use chspace to move it to paperspace. don't know if this will work for you or not

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Extracting Point values from C3D point?

I needed the information to be dynamic so exploding was not an option. However I have come up with a working solution for my situation and was able to keep the dynamic information!

I have used a combination of pre defined points, a custom points table, mview ports and a lisp routine that I built. I have it setup so I can move the points table and just need to run my lisp and all the information will reappear where it should be and remain dynamic.
    I do need to find someone to help refine the list so to make it more flexible but for now I have it working. I am sure there is more elegant ways of making dynamic views work in paper space for point information but for now this will do for me.

I can now change elevations and they update in my title block on the fly, very happy to have worked out ways to have error free information in a title block!