See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Sharing Files With OneDrive

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Sharing Files With OneDrive

We're currently using SharePoint for file management (moan), and I haven't setup anything with SharePoint 365 and One Drive yet. I have some questions concerning trying to use these tools. 1. Would team members collaborate through SharePoint, or would they copy files to OneDrive FROM SharePoint? 2. I know I can fetch through One Drive, does that extend to SharePoint? 3. If I have OneDrive for Business, do I even need to use SP, or can I setup site like project locations and control my files through it? 4. and this is the crux, Can AutoCAD and Revit path to cloud based data locations, or do I need to switch to A360 products?

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sharing Files With OneDrive

Well, I'll reply to my own post, with what little I've learned. SharePoint and OneDrive were made for each other, so yes they play well with each other, and no, you don't have to have one to use the other. Revit cannot path directly to a OneDrive without Collaboration for Revit, as far as I know, because of timing issues (please please correct me if I'm wrong), COR has the secret sauce there to keep the central file from blowing up.
    So What about AutoCAD? I haven't found much news about Autodesk and Microsoft lately, and this makes me think the two companies are hard at work either in the engineering department or the legal department coming up with tools to help us working stiffs use these products together? Can anyone tell me if I have any version control with AutoCAD drawings? What about Security and the MS Teams?