Thread: Instant Shared Parameters are not editable

Login to Give a bone

Default Instant Shared Parameters are not editable

Hi All,

I work in Revit Structure and I received a new titleblock from the Architect with an Instant shared Parameter. I loaded the titleblock into my model. The issue is that the shared parameter is not editable in the title block, so I added that parameter in the project parameters dialogue box using the shared parameters list. I still have the same issue.

When I open the architectural background with the new titleblock loaded, the parameter works fine. Any ideas ??

Thanks a lot

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Instant Shared Parameters are not editable

Are you using the same shared parameters file that the architect used when creating the title block? Or did you just add a shared parameter with the same name to your own shared parameters file?

For the labels to work, you need to use the same shared parameters file that the architect used (or a copy of that file). Revit does not go by just the shared parameter name, but by a GUID that is assigned at the time the shared parameter is created. That GUID will be different if you create your own.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks dkoch for replying. Yes you are right, I just added mine. So, how can I add the architect's shared parameters without overriding mine? I understand that we can only use one shared parameters file.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sam-archs View Post
    Thanks dkoch for replying. Yes you are right, I just added mine. So, how can I add the architect's shared parameters without overriding mine? I understand that we can only use one shared parameters file.
    Shared parameters in one project can come from multiple shared parameters files. To minimize the potential for insanity, it probably makes sense to keep your own shared parameters in one file, and have your template file set to go to that file as the initial default. But when you add a shared parameter to your project, you can navigate to another file, when necessary. If the architect can provide you with the shared parameters file used by the supplied title block, you can add the necessary project parameters from that file.