See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polyline with width appears hollow in Modelspace, but fine in Paperspace

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Polyline with width appears hollow in Modelspace, but fine in Paperspace

I have an 07 dwg with polyines that have widths. I am am adding some additional plines that have a width. In model space they show up as an unfilled rectangle. In paper space they show up as solid like they should. My sys var fillmode is set to 1. If i open another drawing having similar lines, the plines appear solid filled as they should. Please help.

Thanks, Robert

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Polyline with width appears hollow in Modelspace, but fine in Paperspace

Quote Originally Posted by rmk
    I have an 07 dwg with polyines that have widths. I am am adding some additional plines that have a width. In model space they show up as an unfilled rectangle. In paper space they show up as solid like they should. My sys var fillmode is set to 1. If i open another drawing having similar lines, the plines appear solid filled as they should. Please help.

Thanks, Robert
    You might check your SHADEMODE. I think it needs to be set for 2D wireframe. But I'm not positive on this either.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Polyline with width appears hollow in Modelspace, but fine in Paperspace

Thanks Opie, check it and it is 2dwireframe.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Same problem here. Only polylines viewed in modelspace. Any other form of solid appears fine. I'm getting it in a drawing done by a newb with the company. He said he was moving some objects, including polylines, and got an error message (which he can't remember) and now the polylines don't fill. Any ideas? Anyone?

Login to Give a bone

Have you checked your FILLMODE system variable?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoCAD Help
    Specifies whether hatches and fills, two-dimensional solids, and wide polylines are filled in.

0 Objects are not filled

1 Objects are filled
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Polyline with width appears hollow in Modelspace, but fine in Paperspace

Another thing you might want to check is that the entites are parallel with the ucs.
    Like does the polyline ends have different z values?

Just a thought.

Login to Give a bone

Enter the PLAN command to make sure your view is a true plan view.

Login to Give a bone

Plan worked for me. Keep in mind that working in the newer versions when holding down the shift and trying to pan it autocad enters the 3d view mode. This is what caused my problem, i was shift trimming some lines and then this problem showed up.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I noticed that also when trying to shift pan. I modified my CUI/X file to make shift+middle click do nothing. Type CUI and expand "Mouse Buttons" and delete the "Button 3: Transparent Orbit." Autocad now requires you to click first then hold shift.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post

Thanks, Robert
    type

PSLTSCALE and if it is set on 0, make it 1, if it is 1, make it 0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast