See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scheduling filled regions in elevation - suggested alternatives?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scheduling filled regions in elevation - suggested alternatives?

Create a shared parameter for Owner and apply it to all categories in your model. Then fill it out with your name.

For numbering you can use an excel link tool. There's several available. I'm partial to the CTC Project suite and Spreadsheet link tool. Create the schedule with those items you want to schedule and you can use the tool and Excel functions to number from 001 to 999 or what ever. You could also write a dynamo graph to number things with a N+1 function, but you'd need to sort the list first, with is just easier to do in an excel link tool.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scheduling filled regions in elevation - suggested alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by sdarali View Post
    I always advise to keep as much as possible the use of Revit tools for their intended use (e.g. use a wall command to make walls and nothing else). So if the "Filled Region" command lacks a scheduling functionality, instead of finding alternative command we can extend the functionality of Revit using .Net programming or a Revit Script. For your particular use, the below script is sufficient to produce the schedule. If you need help plugging it in into Revit, I can provide instructions. Currently the script will create a schedule for the Active View (currently open view) listing each Region Type and its Area, but it can be extended to run through all elevations.

public void ScheduleFilledRegions()
    {
    var uidoc = ActiveUIDocument;
    var doc = uidoc.Document;
    var collectorFilledRegions = new FilteredElementCollector(doc, uidoc.ActiveView.Id).OfType<FilledRegion>();

string data = "";

foreach (var e in collectorFilledRegions) {
    var regionArea = e.GetParameters("Area")[0].AsDouble() * 0.092903;
    var regionType = doc.GetElement(e.GetTypeId()).Name;
    data += regionType + "," + regionArea.ToString("#.###") + Environment.NewLine;
    }

TaskDialog.Show("Filled Regions Schedule", data);
    }
    Hi Sdarali, Can you please send me the instruction to plug-in this script into Revit 2020?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123