Hi all,

I had posted a question a while back about LISP, but now I've got an issue with a personal project of mine and I can't figure out how to get things working right.

I'm designing a commercial building- (it relates to a fictional book series I'm writing) and I'm placing lots and lots of lights in it. But I'm placing the lights in via Navisworks Manage 2016 (which is a slow and tedious process- one by one manipulation). I see that AutoCAD MEP is fully capable of adding lights and I know the desired intensity, etc. But when I go to load in the DWG to Navisworks and select 'full lights' for the light accurate render that I want, Navisworks refuses to display said lights. It will only display these lights in 'scene' lighting, which doesn't give me accurate lighting.

What I want to be able to do is use AutoCAD MEP to place the lights, as I can replicate quickly and place even faster than Navisworks (its a one at a time deal here). But Navisworks doesn't seem to want to play nice with the lightning in 'full lights' mode. Is there a switch or setting (i've already fiddled with the obvious choices and dug around a little) that I can flip to make these two play nice with the lights?

I've attached a few image to help explain what I want.

scene lights.jpg

This first one is SCENE lights in navisworks. When i switch the 'full lights'...

full lights.jpg

I lowered the environment settings to show the difference. Those were autoCAD MEP lights. If i were to render it out in scene lights, i wouldn't get any difference. tried that already. Tried full light renders and nothing. AutoCAD lights only seem to want to show in 'scene' lights, which i find odd. I have a feeling it had to do with the 'scene' and not the final render.

This is what i get when I do a render on 'full lights'. this includes both two navisworks lights and two autocad lights. The locations of the autocad lights have not changed.

ray trace render with autocad and navisworks lights.jpg

This image is what i'm used to getting, working with navisworks lights. If I could get autocad lights to show up (like they did in the above picture) but render out like this, that would be perfect.