Thread: Exporting project parameters

All AUGI, all the time DanielleAnderson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Exporting project parameters

I am wondering if this is possible...somebody wrote over my shared parameters file for my custom titleblock and I am wondering if there is any way to recover the information (which i had saved in another drawing) without having to COMPLETELY recreate it...grr...

Thanks,
    Danielle

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Exporting project parameters

Yes Revit help says:

You can export shared parameters to a new shared parameter file if the old parameter file is deleted, or if there are shared parameters in a family or a project that are not in the current shared parameter file.

Before you can export them, you must already have added the shared parameters into a Autodesk® Revit® project file or family file. For more information on adding shared parameters, see Adding Shared Parameters to Families and Project Parameters.
    1. Create or open a shared parameter file according to steps 1 and 2 of the previous procedure. Select a shared parameter in either a family or a project. Click Modify.
    2. In the Parameter Properties dialog box, click Export.
    NOTE: The Export command is never enabled if the selected shared parameter is already in the current shared parameter file.
    1. An informational message appears informing you that the shared parameter will be exported to the shared parameter file you set up in Step 1.
    2. Click OK to complete the export.
    You can export shared parameters to a new shared parameter file if the old parameter file is deleted, or if there are shared parameters in a family or a project that are not in the current shared parameter file.

Before you can export them, you must already have added the shared parameters into a Autodesk® Revit® project file or family file. For more information on adding shared parameters, see Adding Shared Parameters to Families and Project Parameters.
    1. Create or open a shared parameter file according to steps 1 and 2 of the previous procedure. Select a shared parameter in either a family or a project. Click Modify. In the Parameter Properties dialog box, click Export. NOTE: The Export command is never enabled if the selected shared parameter is already in the current shared parameter file. An informational message appears informing you that the shared parameter will be exported to the shared parameter file you set up in Step 1.
    2. Click OK to complete the export.
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; 2005-03-25 at 09:43 PM.

All AUGI, all the time DanielleAnderson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Steve,
    I figured it out and was quite relieved, even said aloud "I love this program".

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dacree
    ...was quite relieved, even said aloud "I love this program"...
    Glad you did!

... and I've heard that before! Every once in awhile, out of the blue, I get an IM from users here, "I Love Revit"! Never fails to make me grin!