Thread: Layer mapping in revit to autocad

Login to Give a bone

Default Layer mapping in revit to autocad

Hi im working on a template right now based on a company standard. And my question is how do i add subcategories on export to dwg dialog box under layer tab?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Layer mapping in revit to autocad

The subcategories have to exist in the Revit project/template file in which you are creating the export settings, in your case, your template file.

So, on the Manage ribbon tab, on the Settings panel, select the Object Styles tool. In the Object Styles dialog, select the "Objects" tab in which the Category under which you want to add a subcategory resides, and then, in the Modify Subcategories area in the lower right corner (in Revit 2016, anyway), choose the New button. Use the New Subcategory dialog to enter the name for the new subcategory and select the Category for which this will be a subcategory. Select OK, then find the new subcategory and set the desired properties.

NOTE: If you already have subcategories in loadable families that are not in your template file, and you are now adding those subcategories so you can map an export-to-CAD layer, be certain to use the same properties as you used in the loadable families, because the ones in the project file will "win" when the family is loaded.
    Last edited by dkoch; 2016-11-02 at 10:41 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks David.. what I could not figure out is that how to add subcategories in export to dwg/dxf dialog box. So that if i need to export revit into dwg I could assign proper layer for that specific category

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks David. What I could not figure out is how to add categories or subcategories in export to dwg/dxf dialog box so that if I need to export revit into cad I could assign proper layer for it.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks David. What I could not figure out is how to add categories or subcategories in export to dwg/dxf dialog box so that if I need to export revit into cad I could assign proper layer for it.