Thread: custom pallattes assistance

Login to Give a bone

Default custom pallattes assistance

Hello all.. I been using custom toolbars/menus to insert blocks w/ macros. I now have time to customize/setup blocks w/ a new pallete. Problem I have is when I open a dwg, make a block of something (say lav), save the dwg, drag block to the new pallete, than open a new dwg.. and it drag/inserts the block from pallate.. it wont use the macro as it does on the drop down toolbar/menu.

A sample macro from the toolbar/drop down menu.. (^C^C(setq cl(getvar "clayer")) ortho on -layer m A-Plumbing ^C^C-insert;LAV \;;\(setvar "clayer" cl)

This works perfectly from tool bar/drop down menu. But when I insert “lav” from the tool pallet, it just inserts the block, doesn’t act as a command and run macro like a toolbar/menu

Any suggestions? Or a tool pallete wont run a macro when I insert a block from it. autocad 2014

Thanks for the responses!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: custom pallattes assistance

anyone happen to have any suggestions on the question?

Login to Give a bone

Tool Palettes are a great resource, and often overlooked because they've been around and unimproved for so long.

You can set a lot of Block-specific Properties with Tool Palettes - Right click the Block in Tool Palette, select Properties menu item - such as specifying a Layer, Scale, Explode, etc.

You can also drag some native Commands to the Tool Palette, and customize those - for example: draw a Line, set some properties (or set them after, as noted above), and drag & drop that Line to the Tool Palette.

[Edit]

I believe this is what you're after: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...5495B-htm.html

[/Edit]

Another option, would be to setup a Ribbon Tab + Panel(s), and drag those free from the docked Ribbon - THOSE buttons utilize the same Macro(s) you already have, and require not additional setup (aside from the Panel[s] themselves).

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2016-11-29 at 02:47 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    I believe this is what you're after: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...5495B-htm.html
    Just realized there was an easier way to do this....

Right click the Tool Palettes 'gear', select Customize Commands.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000