Thread: Navisworks doesn't recognize a saved viewpoint when intiating a review command

Login to Give a bone

Default Navisworks doesn't recognize a saved viewpoint when intiating a review command

Hi community members!
    I've been having this annoying issue for a while: sometimes when I try to redline a saved viewpoint; a pop-up tells me that I have to display a saved view to use redlining tools. Usually, I have to re-save the same viewpoint a couple of times until Navisworks acknowledges that it is saved - a huge waste of time. In rare occasions; updating the saved viewpoint works. Any tips? Cheers!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Navisworks doesn't recognize a saved viewpoint when intiating a review command

Hi,
    If you’re choosing your viewpoint from the saved viewpoints list, you should be able to redline or update smoothly. But when using redlining tools without saving viewpoint first you’ll get this pop up message.
    For older versions before 2016, you’ll need to save viewpoint first prior redlining. If you’re using 2016, Viewpoints are automatically saved when starting to add redlines.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Navisworks doesn't recognize a saved viewpoint when intiating a review command

Thanks...
    The problem is with actual saved views in version 2015
    some views are not even recently saved, but saved a long time ago and already relined
    any thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

Did you change the scene view for the saved viewpoint prior adding the new redlines?
    Can you visualize the old redlines while adding the new ones?
    Are you receiving this pop-up message: