See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Best way to modify Support File Search Path on multiple computers

Login to Give a bone

Default Best way to modify Support File Search Path on multiple computers

I'd like to put custom .shx and font files in one server location to eliminate the "Missing SHX files" message all our users are getting. I was just going to send an email instructing each user to add the appropriate folder to their Support File Search Path. Is that the only way to do this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Best way to modify Support File Search Path on multiple computers

Short answer... Depends on your environment/setup.

If you want to allow user to have their own personal SFSP settings (i.e., custom blocks, LISP, LIN, etc.), then yes - just ask them to include the new path.

If your office is more rigid about things like this being standardized, then you're likely bootstrapping your deployments... Just set the SFSP using Acad.lsp file, so it configures the SFSP each time user launches a session... A lot simpler to manage than asking users to import new ARG file (and the implicit steps not mentioned here).

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

We're not rigid in our office about SFSP settings, but in the future if we do decide to control it, how would I set up the acad.lsp file to work as you suggest. If the answer to that is too long, maybe you can point me in a direction where I can read up on the topic.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by montero1 View Post
    We're not rigid in our office about SFSP settings, but in the future if we do decide to control it, how would I set up the acad.lsp file to work as you suggest. If the answer to that is too long, maybe you can point me in a direction where I can read up on the topic.
    This should get you started:

http://cadpanacea.com/wp/?p=624
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Login to Give a bone

Thanks guys!