Thread: Volume Contours

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Volume Contours

I have a complete volume surface model. Its displaying contours and I want to display color shades of Cut and fill depths though.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Volume Contours

Hi try running a banding analysis, or one of the other analysis, you will need to play with it try different ranges in the banding analysis

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

There is a couple of things to do and the easiest way to do this is to create a surface style for when you want to show volumes.

When creating a new surface go to the display tab first and make sure the light bulb icon is turned on for elevations, otherwise no shading will show up.

Then, go to the analysis tab and expand the Elevations tree. Here you can setup preset numbers, colors, etc. So for Range Color Scheme select a scheme that you like best. Then for Number Range select how many different ranges you would like. Default is 8, but you can adjust this how many ranges you would like to use.

Okay now that you have your style set up, its time to apply it to the surface.

On the informaiton tab of the Surface properties, in the middle of the screen you should see Surface Style, select the new surface style you just created.

Then, go to the analysis tab, analysis type is elevations, ranges is set to 8 or your default value, you can change this number here as well. You will also notice an arrow point down, clcik on this icon to apply these requirements to the surface. Under range details you should now see a range of numbers assigned to colors. By clicking on the elevations you can adjust the values in the color range to be between certain number.

Once done apply it to your surface.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

To expand on Iceberg, check out this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NeMLI7Is0