Thread: Creating multiple instances of one family with different dimensions.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Creating multiple instances of one family with different dimensions.

I am quite new to Revit and as such don't know all the in's and out's of everything yet.

The firm I work for recently won a project to design a koala hospital and rehabilitation centre. We are in the early stages of the project and I am to create the model and documentation. I have a surveyors report listing 225 individual trees with each one have different dimensions.

eg. tree #1 has a spread of 12m, height of 20m and a trunk of 0.5m, while tree #2 has a spread of 10m, height of 20m and a trunk of 0.3m.

As you can see creating 225 individual instances of these tree's will very time consuming and tedious.

Is there a way do create multiple instances of the same tree and then alter the dimensions in a schedule or the likes?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating multiple instances of one family with different dimensions.

all you need to do is have the "height" parameter,"trunk" parameter and the "spread" parameter to be "instance" parameters instead of "type" parameters.

Instance Parameter – Enables you to modify the parameter value separately for every instance.

Type Parameter – Enables you to modify the parameter value, which applies to all elements of the family type.
    Last edited by mitchellvoss; 2016-12-28 at 03:13 PM.