Thread: Revit - Structural Model's Symbolic Cutback Issue

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit - Structural Model's Symbolic Cutback Issue

My office is starting a new workflow using Tekla Structural Designer. For our first project, we modeled all of our steel framing in Revit and verified the connectivity of the structural nodes. Tekla accepted the model and design was run in Tekla and then the model information was pushed back into Revit updating the existing Revit model information.

Element sizes, camber, number of studs and some Tekla specific shared parameters were updated but model element locations were not adjusted upon import from Tekla. When this happened all of the symbolic cutbacks were removed and the framing looks like a giant grid. I have tried reconnecting beams and re snapping elements and the issue doesn't seem to resolve. Also, the framing nodes still show as connected. I am using a custom beam family but it only has symbolic extension lines and a size shared parameter added to it from the OTB family.

I have tried a number of things including trying to see if a new beam would connect and cutback as expected and it does. I know Tekla did something but I really just don't know what and how to fix it. Or any other way to force Revit framing to cutback properly. Deleting the framing and replacing the framing is not an option.

Thanks,
    Patrick

**Edit 12/23/16**

After some tinkering with the model it appears that Tekla Intergrator sets all of the framing ends to "Dissallow Join". So I know the cause of the cutback issue but have no ready fix to "Allow Join" both ends of 1600 framing elements.
    Last edited by Patrick K; 2016-12-23 at 06:34 PM.