Hi all,

I'm busy writing a plugin to determine the flow direction of ducts and pipes. As a starting point, I'm trying to identify which connector in a duct or pipe is set to 'in'.
To do this I'm addressing the connectormanager of pipes and ducts for all connectors in the connector set, read their position and direction properties, and if it's 'In' then place an element at that position.
What I'm expecting is that if at one end of a duct system there's a fan blowing air into the system, if you go downstream each duct should have a connector set to 'in' at the beginning, and 'out' at the end.

What I'm experiencing however, is that the position of the 'in' connector is random, at best. It doesn't even comply with the direction in which the ducts are drawn.

What I tried: I checked the system inspector to see if there's indeed an air flow. I've written all relevant properties to a csv file, and concluded that the locations are indeed those of the connectors set to 'in'.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior before, and is there a reliable way to do this as intended?