Summary: That Inventor Professional be written in Apple for Mac

Description: My wish and what I find as of the utmost priority for AUGI is that Inventor Professional be written in the Apple language. Currently you have to use either Bootcamp or Parallels to then run Professional on it. I find this extremely annoying, inefficient and discriminatory against Apple and Apple users as I am. Everything is Microsoft based and you have to either buy into extra programming Parallels which is very taxing on your system right from the start or partition your drive decreasing usable storage by dividing your system and having the unenviable problem of having to boot up to a separate part of the disk every-time you want to use Inventor. Not to mention having to load up Windows 10 consuming more space so that Inventor then can loaded upon it. AutoCAD for Mac that runs directly on my iMac is superb - it is a far better system - being more intuitive like all Apple software is. It is symbol based has less of a front, floatable tool pallets, less cluttered - I love it - it is much better at getting the job done then its Microsoft counterpart. I would say that only people who have difficultly changing or transitioning - institutionalised people would not want to move across - but maybe they can be coaxed gently and gradually. If the same person who has developed AutoCAD for Mac was tasked to build and code the program - Inventor Professional for Mac - a direct Apple based language program then we would be getting somewhere. Well the staunch Microsoft supporters would then have the option to remain - but it at least becomes more equal and just. Currently it feels like there is a monopoly or some sort of hold over Autodesk as to why this program has not been built in Apple. If you were to survey I think you would find that a lot more folks out there are Apple users - and if they are not then it is because they were told initially that they required a Windows based system on which to run and therefore the system was biased right from the start. This actually happened to me when I approached the Uni about what system I should have when I was determined to own an iMac, not too mention it is all that is offered from the Autodesk site, except go buy Parallels and handicap your system or partition your drive, again handicapping your system. Another con on the windows side of things is the distractions that are continually in your face each time you enter. I am not sure if this issue has been raised anywhere here before as my searches didn't uncover the subject. Also I see where Autodesk Inventor Fusion is now being pushed for use on iPad Pro (iOS at least that's how I interpreted) so maybe there is some momentum gaining for a full write of Inventor Professional for Mac. Will it help if Autodesk approached Apple and asked them for the programming to be done - or part subsidy - I'm sure it would be in Apples interest to know that their products could directly use these wonderful programs directly. I actually happily had Apple senior techs set me up with loading Bootcamp, Windows and Inventor and we did discuss this issue.

Product and Feature: Inventor -

Submitted By: Budgeroo on 12/26/2016