Thread: submittal/issue logging

Login to Give a bone

Default submittal/issue logging

Starting off the new year, I'd like to bring a bit more management to this shop, vs way to much ad-hoc re-invent the wheel each job. And one of the management pieces that I need to set up is a tracking system for drawing set submittals /issues. ATM, I take a snapshot of the dwg set using SSM to archive, ad file by date on the server. As far as knowing what went out when, that works for me -- as long as the bosses keep me informed.

What I think I need to set up for them is a spreadsheet that would provide a listing and record of every submittal or drawing issue, with the who-what-where-when-why information so whomever needs to know can look at the history of what went when, and have an idea f the current status of a job.

So my question to all y'all is has anyone set up something similar? suitable for admin, design, and engineers to use....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: submittal/issue logging

We’re mapping a separate network drive letter on our server which is dedicated to submittals and sorted by project no. The OUT folder records all deliverables for any given project (BIM or CAD) with sub-folders for each discipline. The main folder name indicates date and brief data about the submittal. Along with that folder a spreadsheet is located to list all submittal sheets with whatever information we need to add (WHO , What , Where ,When , Why…. )
    No submittals are authorized to get out of the door except through that drive. And while project moves on from one stage to another,various submittal folders are stored and this works as a tracking system for all of our previous submittals

Login to Give a bone

My file handling is similar == although I keep all project related electronic files under a project folder -- pdf's of a given submittal end up under an EFF (Electronic Flat File) folder and an etransmit version of the files under n archive folder, named by date-recipient (example c:\12345\archive\20170104-gac\). Mostly civil work here, so site, landscape, limited structural and site electrical to worry about instead of every discipline.

Can you share your spreadsheet?

Login to Give a bone

this is the register log sheet we're using. it's filled/updated collectively by all related disciplines prior to each submittal , then saved in the submission folder and reviewed by Document Controller.
    Attached Files Attached Files