Thread: Worksets or Multiple Models for Phasing

Login to Give a bone

Post Worksets or Multiple Models for Phasing

I have a project that has multiple phases with each phase creating a separate set of documents for permitting and bidding. Currently there are 2 phases and Phase 1 is complete. I need to begin Phase 2 and don't want to make any erroneous changes to Phase 1.
    Should I use worksets or multiple models? Or a combination of both? I am fairly new to Revit and venturing into deeper waters... Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Worksets or Multiple Models for Phasing

Quote Originally Posted by johnrwatkins51741243 View Post
    I have a project that has multiple phases with each phase creating a separate set of documents for permitting and bidding. Currently there are 2 phases and Phase 1 is complete. I need to begin Phase 2 and don't want to make any erroneous changes to Phase 1.
    Should I use worksets or multiple models? Or a combination of both? I am fairly new to Revit and venturing into deeper waters... Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    I would not use worksets for this. I might consider using a separate model if: a) There is little to no expectation that components/objects from Phase 1 will need to be modified for work related to Phase 2; and b) I have to use the exact same sheet numbering system for my drawings (Revit does not allow duplicate sheet numbers).

You didn't mention using Revit Phasing. I would highly suggest looking into this. The only caveat is that your sheet numbers have to be unique, so perhaps a pre-fix of PH1- or PH2-. That might be a good idea anyway to mitigate confusion of which drawing set is being referenced.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Worksets or Multiple Models for Phasing

Thanks!
    I think what I will do is transfer standards to a new project (a new model) and link the previous model. I have created phase filters so that I can show only what I want.