Thread: Need help with intergrating new Grade into Existing contour lines. WILLING TO PAY

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Need help with intergrating new Grade into Existing contour lines. WILLING TO PAY

Hello, I'm looking for some help in integrating new topography into existing contour lines and I have no idea how to go about doing it. I don't know how to work Civil 3D or even if that's what I need to achieve this. I'm willing to pay someone to do this for me or to help me figure out how to do it. I will attach a PDF of the site I'm talking about. In the end I want to be able to generate a surface using the contours and have it include the proposed site modification. I have the existing contour lines at their proper elevations but the new grade modifications is just a flat dwg.

Hope someone can help and I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need help with intergrating new Grade into Existing contour lines. WILLING TO PAY

I see two possible ways to go.

#1 - Create an 'Existing' surface, add the existing contours to define it. Create a 'Modified' surface. Add elevations (z values) to the line work of the modified grading. Add this line work to the surface as contours to define it. Create a third surface, 'Final' surface. First paste the Existing surface into it and then paste in the Modified. The result will be a composite of the two.

#2- Clip the existing contours at the limits of the modified grading. Add elevations values to the modified grading line work. Create a 'Final' surface and add the existing contours and modified grading lines as contour data to define the surface.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need help with intergrating new Grade into Existing contour lines. WILLING TO PAY

Hi Jaramillo, I have a few questions for you. Is the original file a civil 3d file that already has a surface in it? What format are the new contour lines? 3d polylines? This is a quick thing to do if these are true. If you attach the data, I can take a look at it for you.