Thread: COPY LAYER

Wish List Administration

Default COPY LAYER

Summary: Ability to Copy a Layer

Description: I would like the ability to Copy a Layer in the Layer manager. When I use "New Layer" while a current layer is selected, the color, linetype, etc. are duplicated but not the name. I would like the name to copy so that it can be renamed. Think about copying a file in Windows, the file name is the same with "Copy" at the end. I would like this feature for Copying a Layer

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Layer

Submitted By: Debra H on 02/16/2017

Default Re: COPY LAYER

that would be good, especially if you are running with a layer filter that doesn't include 'Layer1"

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    that would be good, especially if you are running with a layer filter that doesn't include 'Layer1"
    With all the Layers needed for Civil 3D alone I have 12 layer filters in my default template and always have one of them current. Hated having to switch to All every time I added a new layer so I added Layer* to each layer filter.

The wish would make it much easier though. Also adding a copy of a long layer name just wanting to add "-Text" to the previous layer name seems harder than it should be.

I can't see devoting too much development resources to this. Slowly click the layer to be copied twice and you are put into rename mode. Right click and copy and you have the name on the clipboard. Duplicate the layer and then right click and paste and you have a start on the rename