Thread: Removing Items from a Design Option

Login to Give a bone

Default Removing Items from a Design Option

I need to move some elements from one design option to another. What would be the procedure? I can't find how to remove an element from an option.

I'm also having troouble turning off the visibility of a design option. In the visiblility design options tab I pick which one is the one I want but both options still display. What does "Automatic" mean as an option in the drop-down list in this dialog?
    Last edited by pashley; 2005-03-28 at 09:03 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Removing Items from a Design Option

To move elements from one design option to another:
    1) Select the elements (either by editing its design option or unchecking the option checkbox in the Option Bar).
    2) Cut
    3) Edit the target option
    4) Paste Aligned | Same Place

Automatic means that the view displays the primary option unless you are editing another option, in which case it shows the one you are editing. If it is set to a particular option (not Automatic) it shows only that one regardless of what you are editing.

When you set visibility to one option it shouldn't display any other option. I'm not sure why you are seeing this. It could be that the option you are displaying contains other elements you weren't intending to be there. Are the elements view-specific? Note that view-specific elements are never in any option.

Login to Give a bone

I was able to move things from one option to another. Thanks for the help, Irwin.

However, I still have a visibility problem. I made a simple project (attached) with some walls in the base model and some in each of two options. It won't display only one option no matter what I do. Maybe I've set up the options incorrectly - this is my first attempt at them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I think I just figured this out and it was my error in understanding how the option sets worked. I was trying to get an entire option set to disappear rather than an option within a set. Am I correct in saying that you can't hide an entire option set?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pashley
    I think I just figured this out and it was my error in understanding how the option sets worked. I was trying to get an entire option set to disappear rather than an option within a set. Am I correct in saying that you can't hide an entire option set?
    There is no command to hide an Option Set. However, you could create an empty Option inside that Option Set and set the visibility to show that Option -- this would have the effect of hiding the Option Set. An Option Set is intended to show various alternatives. Why do you want to hide all of them? Is one of the alternatives under consideration to have nothing there?