Thread: Elliptical Pipe Sizes in Pipe Table

Login to Give a bone

Default Elliptical Pipe Sizes in Pipe Table

So typically we haven't had to use elliptical pipe much, if we do it is just a pipe or two, however on this project it is 2/3 of our pipes. So in the pipe table when size is listed it appears as ? because our pipe table is set to read inner diameter, the round pipe shows up fine. Now I saw you can do a height and width of pipe label which works but then the round pipe read as ? soooooo my question is can there be an expression or an if/then statement written and put in the table? Or does anyone have suggestions on handling this? Our typical way of handling for the one or two pipes is just mask text over the table and callout but there are too many to do that this time.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Elliptical Pipe Sizes in Pipe Table

I've been using the part name from the network parts list in my labels and I would imagine it would be available in a table. (we don't table such things) The parts list defaults to the partsizename as its defined in partbuilder but you're free to edit the name once its in the network parts list. There is a setting for labels to use the part name as it exists in the parts list vs the name generated by the part. It makes a single source for referencing the pipe size. Its a little tedious to edit all the pipe size names in the list but once its done and saved in the template file, its done.