Thread: Window header

Wish List Administration

Default Window header

Summary: Relocate Title and info.

Description: I would really like to be able to have the title bar above each window located vertically up the left side - or right side. Currently in order to read the name of the windows they have to be widely spaced, which means that the upper ones are way small.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Revit Extensions

Submitted By: johnharwood5675275 on 02/25/2017

100 Club

Default Re: Window header

I know what you mean, the window titles take up a lot of space, but I rather than run text vertically, I think the approach used in the current version of Maya and 3DSMax is far more effiicient and still legible — the window borders are just a few pixels wide to be selectable and the titles are overlays in the viewport, (with viewcube/camera names alongside so you don't need a clumsy big viewcube in each 3D window).

Kristo is right. I came to the same conclusion later. There is a bunch of info in the header that is unnecessary. Could it not be a family, then we can choose what we want.

First let me apologise if I use the wrong terms -I am definitely an old dog learning new tricks, having cut my teeth on paper and pencil, so anything that simplifies Revit is welcome. On that note I have another wish, and that when I reopen view, that I have closed to remove the clutter, it appears on the correct screen at the previous size, without the need to re-size it every time. Maybe this is already possible but as I said...