I'm planning on submitting a wish list item, but I thought I'd check here first to see if I'm missing a solution that already exists. Perhaps 2017 or 2018 already addresses this? Or, if you think it's a solid wish, perhaps propose improvements to the write-up for grammar or organization?
Here's what I propose to submit:

Wish Title:
Add More Sorting Options to Project Browser

Wish Summary:
Please add at least one more level of sorting to the project browser, with the ability to use a shared or project parameter.

Full Description:
See Project Browser > Browser Organization > (Views - or - Sheets tab) Browser Organization Properties > Grouping and Sorting.

There are currently six levels of grouping, and only one level of sorting. Our workflow would benefit from having at least one more level of sorting, even if we had to give up a level of grouping. Also, sorting only allows the use of sheet number and scale (as for r2016).

Example: Navigating the Sheets area of the Project Browser may be more effective if a user could display the sheets in the order that they would be shown in the sheet list. In typical construction documents, sheet order is not necessarily alpha-numeric. It generally goes something like: General (G-sheets), Civil (C-sheets), Architectural (A-sheets), and so on, with maybe Landscaping and Structural before Architectural, and a few other possibilities. In our sheet list, we use a discipline group number to sort the sheets by discipline first, then we can sort by sheet number. It would save us a few clicks if we could do the same with the Project Browser.

Grouping in the Project Browser adds some good flexibility to workflow. However, a balance of the ability to group and SORT, similar to the way schedules work, would be much more effective.

Thank you,