Thread: 'changes in more than shared coordinates' warning - nothing works!

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy 'changes in more than shared coordinates' warning - nothing works!

Hi,
    This is a known error I know, but none of the tips i found online have helped so far.
    For context, my project is set up by shared coordinates: Site + Block. At the beginning we didn't know what levels we would be working to so left at 00 in the site model, with a view to come back and update them when we had that information, which we now do.
    Here's a step by step of the issue:
    - Open Site Model > section view > select and move Block up to real datum
    - Warning 1 appears > OK (because hitting 'save' will cause a fatal error and a recovery file is saved)
    - Sync Site Model > Warning 2 appears

I removed all linked CAD/DWG files from both models, removed the Block link from the Site model and re-linked it in, synchronized both models (to exhaustion!), detached from central (silly I know but desperate times...), but cannot get rid of this error and cannot get my shared levels to read correctly in the block model.

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 'changes in more than shared coordinates' warning - nothing works!

Quote Originally Posted by -luisa- View Post
    Hi,
    This is a known error I know, but none of the tips i found online have helped so far.
    For context, my project is set up by shared coordinates: Site + Block. At the beginning we didn't know what levels we would be working to so left at 00 in the site model, with a view to come back and update them when we had that information, which we now do.
    Here's a step by step of the issue:
    - Open Site Model > section view > select and move Block up to real datum
    - Warning 1 appears > OK (because hitting 'save' will cause a fatal error and a recovery file is saved)
    - Sync Site Model > Warning 2 appears

I removed all linked CAD/DWG files from both models, removed the Block link from the Site model and re-linked it in, synchronized both models (to exhaustion!), detached from central (silly I know but desperate times...), but cannot get rid of this error and cannot get my shared levels to read correctly in the block model.

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks
    Hi Luisa, Try the following...
    With everyone else synced and out of the Site file model, and any of the Linked Building models, and all linked CAD dwg's closed, try the following.
    Open just the Site file, (don't be tempted to have a second session of Revit open with the Building link open as this can lead to this situation in the first place...there is a reason Revit unloads links when a single session has both files open). In the Worksets dialogue box, below the list of User created Worksets, click Project Standards. Scroll down the list until you findthe Workset named Project Info and check that no one is listed as the Owner or Borrower of this Workset. If some is listed, then this can be the problem. If nobody is listed, close the site model down, and repeat this process in each of the linked building models until you find the file where someone has ownership of this Workset. Get that person to open the model...which could be the site or the building link model...(Or change your User name to theirs and go in that way), open the Worksets dialogue, click project standards, clear Project Info, relinquish everything, sync and also get them to tick Compact as that also seems to be important...Get them out of their file, and try moving the Link up again as required. Hopefully that will resolve this issue...otherwise post the results again and I'll have a think I've had irate phone calls from architects asking me to get out of their models months after I set up their shared coordinates and months since I was last anywhere near their files...seems to occur more often when loads of folk have the files open at the same time and someone tries to do something that effects shared coordinates...particulalrly when a user has multiple sessions of revit open and the various files all open at the same time...no wonder revit can't always cope! Cheers for now, Patrick

Login to Give a bone

Patrick,
    Thank you for this. I am sure this issue will pop up again soon and I will definitely give it a go, will report back if and when it happens!
    Luisa

Login to Give a bone