Thread: Keeping lines between dimension ticks for text

Login to Give a bone

Default Keeping lines between dimension ticks for text

I've had this issue for more than 20 years. I've used regular AutoCAD and LT in multiple versions. I know we used to use \X to push next line below line in a dimension string. This worked sometimes. The text line would move but the dimension line would break randomly. Now, we have text boxes that do the same thing. Even if I try the \X, it disappears afterward.

I still have this issue. It can start with the line not breaking and then break if I change the location or size. I always set up dimensions the same way. I want text centered and above as a default and multiple lines to occur above and below an unbroken dimension line. If I use the grip and center it on the line, I want the line to not disappear.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Keeping lines between dimension ticks for text

Quote Originally Posted by jastect View Post
    I've had this issue for more than 20 years. I've used regular AutoCAD and LT in multiple versions. I know we used to use \X to push next line below line in a dimension string. This worked sometimes. The text line would move but the dimension line would break randomly. Now, we have text boxes that do the same thing. Even if I try the \X, it disappears afterward.

I still have this issue. It can start with the line not breaking and then break if I change the location or size. I always set up dimensions the same way. I want text centered and above as a default and multiple lines to occur above and below an unbroken dimension line. If I use the grip and center it on the line, I want the line to not disappear.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    Well I don't know of a magic bullet or exactly how you set up your dimstyles, but for starters try setting your variables: DIMTMOVE = 0 and DIMTAD = 1
    This should help, see attached sample file, this has Mtext above dimension and \X mtext below.. and moving it around I can't seem to break it with those variable set.
    (I also don't have text background on, not sure if that is an issue)