Thread: Flex Duct Takeoffs

Login to Give a bone

Default Flex Duct Takeoffs

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to show a flex duct takeoff like this in Revit (see attached pdf) Essentially just a round spigot attached directly to the rectangular main duct?
    At present Revit puts in a rectangular cross and then a rect - round duct transition and then the flex, I just want the cross to be a rectangular main section with round brach connectors.

I noticed there is a rectangular to round duct takeoff duct fitting, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone else like to share their thoughts? Otherwise I know it wouldn't be too hard to make my own custom fitting, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel.
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flex Duct Takeoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.Bagnall View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an easy way to show a flex duct takeoff like this in Revit (see attached pdf) Essentially just a round spigot attached directly to the rectangular main duct?
    At present Revit puts in a rectangular cross and then a rect - round duct transition and then the flex, I just want the cross to be a rectangular main section with round brach connectors.

I noticed there is a rectangular to round duct takeoff duct fitting, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone else like to share their thoughts? Otherwise I know it wouldn't be too hard to make my own custom fitting, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel.
    Could this be of help?:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=92198

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Beancud
    That is of some help, but I'm still hitting brick walls - what tap fitting are you using to get those images you send in your post? It appears from your pictures that there is a takeoff which has a balancing damper built in to it - is that the case or are you adding the damper to each takeoff manually?

And are you getting the layout path tool to work and insert the round duct takeoffs automatically? Or is it only working when you manually draw ducts?

Terribly confusing and I can't find any information anywhere from Autodesk on how duct fittings work!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.Bagnall View Post
    Thanks Beancud
    That is of some help, but I'm still hitting brick walls - what tap fitting are you using to get those images you send in your post? It appears from your pictures that there is a takeoff which has a balancing damper built in to it - is that the case or are you adding the damper to each takeoff manually?

And are you getting the layout path tool to work and insert the round duct takeoffs automatically? Or is it only working when you manually draw ducts?
    The middle tap is the standard round tap, essentially a plain tap, and the volume damper was inserted into a piece of round duct, which the flex is then attached off of. That it how we typically do it except for we use a conical tap.

The bottom image is of a custom built takeoff, that he built the volume damper in to.

Personally I have not had much luck with the layout tool, and I find it faster to simply use the ductulator and draw it by hand.

You can customize your connection preferences by going tot he duct family and creating new ones. We typically have 4 types:
    Rect Duct Tee
    Rect Duct Tap
    Rnd Duct Tee
    Rnd Duct Tap

I hope this helps.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Flex Duct Takeoffs

Quote Originally Posted by nubrun.188780 View Post
    The middle tap is the standard round tap, essentially a plain tap, and the volume damper was inserted into a piece of round duct, which the flex is then attached off of. That it how we typically do it except for we use a conical tap.

The bottom image is of a custom built takeoff, that he built the volume damper in to.

I hope this helps.
    The take offs are custom, meaning the damper you have to put it on manually. You will notice if you take your flexi tool and click it on the main run Revit does a ridiculous takeoffs. I use round duct as tee first. Than connect the flexi.

The custom damper I had to make because the default damper is almost invisible on the plan and contractors ignore them.

Login to Give a bone

Hello young professionals of pipeline network projects of hvac systems. I use in my pipeline projects in the situations in discussion of how to fit flexible ducts in the main branch duct. There is a piece that has the name of damper "turns crazy" in the diameter of the flexible duct and that it allows facimente its fitting in the duct. It is a round shaped part with an internal circular blade fixed by a shaft with adaptable springs in this round duct and is manufactured with 150mm in length, this piece of round duct has in one of its edge a flange made in machine of 15mm that perfectly can It is necessary to make a good fitting in the branch where you need to have ductile ducts.
    Last edited by lcchvacr; 2017-05-04 at 06:41 PM.