Thread: What blocks the ability to insert (attach) an image using the "Relative Path"?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default What blocks the ability to insert (attach) an image using the "Relative Path"?

I get the following error message, but as usual, there is no information as to why I cannot attach the image using relative path mode. It will allow Full Path. The person I am emailing this to says the images are not showing up. Any ideas? I did not do an "etransmit" because I believe there is a way to have images a part of the AutoCAD file itself, true? Also, If I send an etransmit, with the full path, does the receiver have a method of seeing these images?

Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What blocks the ability to insert (attach) an image using the "Relative Path"?

Some networks work great others don't. You shouldn't ever have trouble with a local drive like "C:\", but I've never had any luck with our network.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What blocks the ability to insert (attach) an image using the "Relative Path"?

Once caveat is the the items being referenced _must_ be on the same drive letter as the active file. If that's true in your case, it's simply that acad is unreliable in generating a relative path -- actually pretty flaky.

As a workaround, attach with a full path, and manually edit the path in the ref dialog to be relative. (I do that far more often than I should have to!!)

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    Once caveat is the the items being referenced _must_ be on the same drive letter as the active file. If that's true in your case, it's simply that acad is unreliable in generating a relative path -- actually pretty flaky.

As a workaround, attach with a full path, and manually edit the path in the ref dialog to be relative. (I do that far more often than I should have to!!)
    Showing our ages we were saving paths with .\ for current directory and ..\ for parent directory paths from working with DOS before AutoCAD had the Relative option!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Showing our age experience we were saving paths with .\ for current directory and ..\ for parent directory paths from working with DOS before AutoCAD had the Relative option!

FTFY