Thread: Custom structure incorrect in profile/style

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Custom structure incorrect in profile/style

I've been refining our pipe structures this week. I started a new drainage structure from the out-of-the-box rectangular junction structure with a rectangular frame. For the most part is was just editing some dimension values however one part of it involved a new extrusion. This extrusion projects up from the top of the frame plane and should project up from the insertion elevation when the part is inserted. This all works fine in plan view. The issue I'm having is in the profile. If I use a structure style with the profile options set to 'Display as boundary" the structure displays in the profile incorrectly. The 'boundary' of the entire structure inserts at the rim elevation, which isn't correct as some of the structure projects above that rim elevation. (see inlet A-8 in the attached image) Now, if I set the style to "Display as solid" the structure shows at the correct elevation in the profile. (see inlet A-9 in the attached image) I can't use this setting as it doesn't trim the pipes to the structure in the profile.

Note, structures A-8 and A-9 are identical except for their structure style profile display setting.

The idea was to build a structure that was adaptable to be used as NJDOT type A, B, C, E, double B,C, & E, and small yard inlets. This structure would have a single label style that would adapt to the variations and display the propitiate information for each. Smarter, resilient structures and labels. All went well until this profile issue.

I've looked at this under 2015 on windows 7 and 2015 & 2016 on windows 10 with the same results.

Did I miss something?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MMccall; 2017-04-27 at 02:22 AM.