This is my first forum post so go easy on me.
I have an MEP central model created in REVIT 2017 with a linked combined architectural and structural. The model is hosted on a file server in another office and we use REVIT via CITRIX.
One of our electrical engineers has started adding electrical cable tray to the model and noticed that at the start of day 2 all the containment had "disappeared". On opening my local copy of the model I was able to select all the containment and copy/paste it into the central model however I received multiple duplication errors i.e. the containment was there it was just not visible, after some experimentation I believed I had narrowed it down to some odd file name length issue, (by dropping the last letter off the file name everything displayed ok) but again today I have the same issue.

No filters have been set up.
Everything has been turned on in visibility graphics.
View range is the same when it is displayed as it is when it is not displayed.
When drawing a new piece of containment (or pipework) the standard "None of the created elements are visible ........" warning message is displayed.
The elements are not visible in any section or 3d view.
When I reported this to our REVIT "expert" in the office where the model is hosted she reported that everything was visible when she opened the model (not using citrix).

If I create a schedule of cable tray I can select a row and click show in model and all of the cable tray becomes visible on all floor plans. however whin I close the model and reopen its hidden again.

Cable tray is the only system added to the model so far but I assume the same problem will occur with other MEP elements.

If anyone has any suggestions what may be the cause for the disappearing cable tray your insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Richard Wilson