Thread: Topography elevation points

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Topography elevation points

Summary: Access direct control in setting topography elevations

Description: The topography surface elevations can be selected and changed. The elevations appear to be connected to the template start up grades. I understand that annotations will read either the project or survey grades irrespective of the startup point (which is not editable)..

It would help to move the topography surface independent of the building to align its elevations to either the project or survey points. When crafting a topography on the fly, The usual workflow of importing survey data to make the topography and setting the survey or project points to get the contours to read correct is not the problem. When I model an existing building, the surveyors do not provide grades for crawl spaces. I have to model them directly. It's directly editing the topography with the real grades that is the problem. My present work around is to pick a point to see its grade relative to the real grade to find the difference. Then apply the difference to the points I wish to edit. Tedious. It shouldn't be for such an expensive program.

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Loads

Submitted By: amacleod on 07/01/2017

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Topography elevation points

Topography elevation points

Description: The topography surface elevations can be selected and changed. The elevations appear to be connected to the template start up grades. I understand that annotations will read either the project or survey grades irrespective of the startup point (which is not editable)..

It would help to move the topography surface independent of the building to align its elevations to either the project or survey points. When crafting a topography on the fly, The usual workflow of importing survey data to make the topography and setting the survey or project points to get the contours to read correct is not the problem. When I model an existing building, the surveyors do not provide grades for crawl spaces. I have to model them directly. It's directly editing the topography with the real grades that is the problem. My present work around is to pick a point to see its grade relative to the real grade to find the difference. Then apply the difference to the points I wish to edit. Tedious. It shouldn't be for such an expensive program.

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Other

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Topography elevation points

Topography elevation points

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Other