Thread: Table Scaling Differs In Both PaperSpace And Printed Sheet

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Table Scaling Differs In Both PaperSpace And Printed Sheet

In the process of practicing Civil3D 2018. Am not doing badly, getting there!

I created some tables but the tables shows well on PaperSpace (through the viewport), but when Print-Previewed (or printed), the table becomes small.
    I have the suspicion it is my fault with respect to have made an Annotation scaling during the table creation. Why am confused is, if it is so, it should
    have looked wrong (small scaled) in PaperSpace even before printing.

Could someone please direct me on how to fix this issue and/or where to practice the right way of creating a 'good' table?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by omorah; 2017-07-09 at 08:22 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Table Scaling Differs In Both PaperSpace And Printed Sheet

Are these Civil 3D tables or AutoCAD "table" objects?

If the former, go into your layout with the table, and make sure to REGEN that layout.
    The table will probably resize. It will take some trial and error to get it positioned in the viewport, at the correct scale.
    But the scale of the VP should match the scale of the C3D project.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

>>But the scale of the VP should match the scale of the C3D project.

This!! In Toolspace, open the Setting Tab, then Right click on the Active Drawing name and select Drawing Settings. On that dialog, Units and Zone tab, set the scale.

Civil 3d "automatic scaling" was developed and shipped _before_ annotative became a feature in Adesk products. And even though annotative usually works better, the C3D stuff has never been recreated to use annotative scaling.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    >>But the scale of the VP should match the scale of the C3D project.

This!! In Toolspace, open the Setting Tab, then Right click on the Active Drawing name and select Drawing Settings. On that dialog, Units and Zone tab, set the scale.

Civil 3d "automatic scaling" was developed and shipped _before_ annotative became a feature in Adesk products. And even though annotative usually works better, the C3D stuff has never been recreated to use annotative scaling.
    Both ViewPort scales match.

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Are these Civil 3D tables or AutoCAD "table" objects?

If the former, go into your layout with the table, and make sure to REGEN that layout.
    The table will probably resize. It will take some trial and error to get it positioned in the viewport, at the correct scale.
    But the scale of the VP should match the scale of the C3D project.
    They are Civil3D tables. The RegenAll did it but then when I reopened the file, it scaled back up. The ‘blocks’ were structures. It also happed when I removed and changed them to points (edited to blocks).

- - - Updated - - -

I am an AutoCAD guy and just getting into Revit (learning on my own since my office will be getting into it soon). I dabbled with Land Desktop years back where I used to work, right as Civil3D came out. Now, I need to learn latter, not to be ‘good’ at it but for the ‘basic’ parts for the office. We are Electrical/Mechanical outfit and lately, we’ve been getting lots of Civi3D files. Other co-workers can find their way around it, so, for my own knowledge, I need to know how to also.
    I don’t plan on getting into the core of Civil3D (might drive me crazy). Here are my goals:

1. I can create alignment, but having issues with stationing scaling. My stations labels (markers also) come out too small and the spacing are too compact. This situation
    arises when I create an alignment where there is already an alignment (file from client), with an existin scaling factor in the drawing.
    2. I can create objects (blocks or points redefined as blocks) and structures; such as j-boxes, light poles or markers. However, I would like to be able to use any of these to create an offset table (Civil3D) from an existing alignment or from a new alignment.
    3. I would like to achieve the above with just simple static (non annotative) scalings with texts, labels, blocks or structures.

The above pointers are just about what I really need to be able to accomplish my goal with Civil3D, in the process, I would learn some other collateral knowledge(s). So, I am looking for a tutorial to help me achieve them, such as PDF or videos. The videos I found on YouTube did not go into the settings with respect to scale factors. By the way I am using Civil3D 2018. Some of the videos I saw on the web are much older versions and honestly, did not notice much difference with the latest version, with respect to the processes.

Thanks and I sure appreciate any help you would have.
    Last edited by omorah; 2017-07-13 at 08:42 PM.