Thread: Space names and Numbers not reading Room Names and Numbers from linked model

Login to Give a bone

Default Space names and Numbers not reading Room Names and Numbers from linked model

So I work at an MEP firm and we have a project with a linked model from the architects. At the beginning of the project all the spaces linked perfectly with the rooms. a few updates ago they re numbered the rooms and my spaces lost all association on level one. in the mezzanine level the space name still reads in the properties correctly. only the first level properties all read "unoccupied" so they space names do not updates. the architect says they didn't do anything but override the room numbers. all the rooms stayed in the same spot they all read up to 8' and are in the view range. any help would be greatly appreciated. both offices have looked at the models and we cant figure why they are not reading. I did notice the architects model have two room schedules. not sure if that would affect it.

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Collenek; 2017-08-03 at 08:22 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Space names and Numbers not reading Room Names and Numbers from linked model

check your linked arch file properties, hit edit type, and make sure Room Bounding is still set. did they change their level heights? check in an elevation that your levels still match the arch's. did they add floor patterns that are set to room bounding? (like a 1/4" floor layer of tile) that will break the room. you can also try setting the Computation Height of each level (level line properties from an elevation view) up 1 foot, sometimes that helps. if they did delete the rooms, you might have to delete your spaces and re-create them...
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Space names and Numbers not reading Room Names and Numbers from linked model

THANK YOU. changing the floor to not be room binding brought the room names come in. now having the architect actually fix their model, is the tricky part.