Thread: Lined Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Lined Files

I am working in a Interior Design firm now and wanting to add base boards and such to a linked file. I see that I can not but is there a better way than copying the walls needed from the linked file to make this happen? Maybe setting up Reference lines and attach to them? Can we attach the reference lines to those linked walls, so if the walls move in the future, the sweeps move with them? Any advise would be helpful. I am getting a book soon about Revit for Interior designers but can not wait until then. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lined Files

Quote Originally Posted by harkeychad View Post
    I am working in a Interior Design firm now and wanting to add base boards and such to a linked file. I see that I can not but is there a better way than copying the walls needed from the linked file to make this happen? Maybe setting up Reference lines and attach to them? Can we attach the reference lines to those linked walls, so if the walls move in the future, the sweeps move with them? Any advise would be helpful. I am getting a book soon about Revit for Interior designers but can not wait until then. Thanks.
    If you use the Copy/Monitor tools on the Collaboration tab, they will remember their relationship to the linked file walls so if they move, you can use Coordination Review to accept the new position and not loose your wall sweep.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks. I was hoping not to have dbl the walls in these locations and not have to turn them off. Guess thats the way I will have to do it.

Login to Give a bone

Why bother with the copy monitor?
    Simply create a face based family.
    Use the wall of the liked model as the host.
    The benefit here is that if the wall is deleted rather than moved, you're base doesn't get deleted.
    Plus you can just select new host.
    You can put drags on the ends to adjust the length.
    yes, you'll have to add individual elements, but you don't have to copy monitor walls and doors.
    Option option would be to do an inplace sweep (not a wall sweep) and use lock the path to the top or bottom edge of the wall.
    This should work until the GUID changes. Then it's path is no longer defined and gets deleted.
    Just my 2 cents.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks. I like this idea. I am going to try and use this method first.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

We are using Lumion now for the Renders and Walk Through's. So now we have to put on finishes everywhere. Sounds like the best way is to do the copy/monitor now and just turn off the Arch model and use it like it is our own file. This way I do not have to add all new thin walls on every wall. I can also be able to control the materials for the windows and doors easily. Pros and Cons? Thanks