Thread: Easier Way to Edit Alignment Label Properties

Wish List Administration

Default Easier Way to Edit Alignment Label Properties

Summary: If you set your Alignment Labels to a "NO DISPLAY" style, there's no easy or intuitive way to get them back.

Description: I have a "NO DISPLAY" style for all my Civil3d objects, but if I change alignment labels to "NO DISPLAY", there's no easy way to get them back. Currently, you can edit Alignment labels by selecting a label, which changes the ribbon menu, giving you options to edit the style. If the labels aren't displayed, there's nothing to pick to change the ribbon menu. It would be so easy to: 1. Add an "Edit Alignment Labels" option when right clicking the alignment in the prospector, or 2. Add a way to edit the label style in the alignment properties dialog box, or 3. Add an "Alignment Label Properties" button to the Alignment ribbon menu, or 4. Do all of the above. I vote for number 4.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Alignments

Submitted By: kayak on 07/21/2017

I could stop if I wanted to

Default Re: Easier Way to Edit Alignment Label Properties

I select the alignment on the screen and choose 'Edit Alignment Labels' from the right click menu.

That's interesting. I don't get that right click option because I have my shortcut menus turned off, and my right click is customized. So it looks like my wish only applies to those of us who don't use the shortcut menus. But thanks for giving me a work around.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Easier Way to Edit Alignment Label Properties

Easier Way to Edit Alignment Label Properties

Summary: If you don't use right click shortcut menus, and you set your Alignment Labels to a "NO DISPLAY" style, there's no easy or intuitive way to get them back.

Description: I have a "NO DISPLAY" style for all my Civil3d objects, but if I change alignment labels to "NO DISPLAY", there's no easy way to get them back. My right click shortcut menus are off and my right click is customized, so I don't have the option to select the alignment, right click, and "Edit Labels..." If the labels are visible, you can edit them by selecting a label, which changes the ribbon menu, giving you options to edit the style. If the labels aren't visible, there's nothing to pick to change the ribbon menu. It would be so easy to: 1. Add an "Edit Alignment Labels..." option when right clicking the alignment in the prospector, or 2. Add a way to edit the label style in the alignment properties dialog box, or 3. Add an "Alignment Label Properties" button to the Alignment ribbon menu, or 4. Do all of the above. I vote for number 4.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Alignments

Submitted By: kayak on 07/21/2017

All AUGI, all the time

This is the same for contours if nothing is on you have to go to toolspace to display something, so I came up with a solution I use a toolbar with the common setting contours at 0.1,1.0,2.0 etc triangles slope as icons. Just pick the toolbar and the surface will display, if you have more than one then a dcl pops up and you pick the surface for that display. the same method could be used for alignments. I have zipped it all into one package its all open code so you can modify the toolbars and icons etc the only change required is to recode you Contour style descriptions 1m Countours, 1' contours etc
    Attached Files Attached Files