Thread: Shared ShorcutFolders.xml File?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Shared ShorcutFolders.xml File?

Instead of having individual ShortcutFolders.xml files on each workstation locally, is it possible to have a single, shared file on the network?

I thought Civil 3D merely needed to find it within SFSP, and tried moving the existing file to the top path in SFSP as a test, but C3D didn't find it - a working folder that had been added was not loaded when opening a drawing associated with same - and it started creating the file in the working folder after I had to manually set it.

Never tried this before, but don't see why we shouldn't be able to.

TIA
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2017-07-21 at 11:13 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shared ShorcutFolders.xml File?

*Bump*

So I've been reading through this AKN article To define the project search paths, but it still doesn't seem to work, or I'm not understanding it correctly.

When I associate drawings with a Working Folder, a reference to this is written to %AppData%\Autodesk\C3D 2018\enu\Project Management\ShortcutFolders.xml file. The next time I open a drawing associated with this Working Folder, or switch from another drawing tab to same, the Working Folder in Toolspace is automagically shown as active.

When another user opens the same drawing, this behavior doesn't happen, because their local ShortcutFolders.xml file doesn't yet have this reference to the Working Folder.

I'm trying to locate the .XML files in the above mentioned local folder, to a network folder, so that when any user associates a new project's Working Folder, the desirable behavior of automagically showing the correct Working Folder in Toolspace happens for all users.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this, without requiring each-and-every-single user to first manually set the Working Folder?

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shared ShorcutFolders.xml File?

Has nobody been able to accomplish this?

I confess I'll be a bit bummed if I wasn't missing something all along. Haha

Computer Specs: