Thread: Push Pull Dimension Error

Login to Give a bone

Default Push Pull Dimension Error

Ok, so been using AutoCAD for about 15 years now and this one has me stumped...

I'm working on a 3D wireframe model and have SOLID HISTORY turned off. Using Ctrl+Left Click, I select the face that I want to push or pull. Ensuring that I'm tracking in the proper direction, I push the face 1/8". The issue I run into is that when I complete the command, the result is that the face has pushed 1 3/16". That is the case when entering ".125". Now if I enter "1/8" then it pushes 2". To work around, I go through the Face Selection and select the face. Then enter "-.125" and it works just fine.

I've checked my Units setting as well as anything else I can think of. I don't remember seeing any setting getting changed. I'm at a loss here and could use any help. Thank you in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Push Pull Dimension Error

I cannot duplicate this. Maybe snapping to something on a layer that is "off". That's a wild shot.
    Question: it happens only when you use fractions, using decimal numbers it works fine?
    What are the units set to?
    One thing I noticed is, when I drag the face, the face moves parallel to the edges - straight out, but if ortho is off and the cursor is diagonal, the number you type is in the direction of the cursor and will result in a different length for the face extrusion. Cursor has to move perpendicular to the face. Maybe this will give a clue.