Thread: Transfer Logo from AutoCAD to other programs

Login to Give a bone

Default Transfer Logo from AutoCAD to other programs

Hoping someone out there can help. I created a logo for my company in AutoCAD MEP. I want to "grab" it and use it on my website and also create letterhead, business cards, etc. What is the best format to use when saving/exporting it that will give me the best quality/flexibility? So far I created the cards and letterhead in AutoCAD so everything is crisp; however, when I transferred the image to my website I looks like I took a snapshot (****** quality) which is basically what I did. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance.

Celeste

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Transfer Logo from AutoCAD to other programs

Quote Originally Posted by celesteboydston418087 View Post
    Hoping someone out there can help. I created a logo for my company in AutoCAD MEP. I want to "grab" it and use it on my website and also create letterhead, business cards, etc. What is the best format to use when saving/exporting it that will give me the best quality/flexibility? So far I created the cards and letterhead in AutoCAD so everything is crisp; however, when I transferred the image to my website I looks like I took a snapshot (****** quality) which is basically what I did. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance.

Celeste
    Well.... it depends on what you want... for printing/reproducing purposes, typically an EPS format is best.
    You can export to an EPS..
    But if you simply need an image, you can export as Bmp or maybe plot to a PDF and then create a JPG from that..

Just some ideas..

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    But if you simply need an image, you can export as Bmp or maybe plot to a PDF and then create a JPG from that..
    PNG or TIF would be a better choice. Regardless, you'll need to clean it up in an image editor prior to use, so it may make more sense to only do linework and use the editor to handle any fills and similar features.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    PNG or TIF would be a better choice. Regardless, you'll need to clean it up in an image editor prior to use, so it may make more sense to only do linework and use the editor to handle any fills and similar features.
    And If you had SnagIt (highly useful screen capture program) you can simply plot to PNG.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Thank you all of you! The advice has helped me greatly. Sometimes all you have to do is ask....

Celeste