Thread: ACA 2018 Walls dont display when creating

Login to Give a bone

Question ACA 2018 Walls dont display when creating

Good afternoon all. I've recently started a new job along with a new version of ACA and I'm working the bugs out getting things back to how they used to be.

Issue is, when creating walls they don't show until after I have inserted them. IE I cant see which side of the line my wall will fall on. Sometimes it shows up if the baseline of the wall is in the center. Same thing happens if I try to stretch a wall, it disappears all but the baseline.

Thanks for any help,
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2018 Walls dont display when creating

Can you attach a sample file in which this happens? I am unable to reproduce what you show. Are you using out-of-the-box Display Settings, or have you extensively customized these? Are you working in a file started with an AutoCAD Architecture template?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    Can you attach a sample file in which this happens? I am unable to reproduce what you show. Are you using out-of-the-box Display Settings, or have you extensively customized these? Are you working in a file started with an AutoCAD Architecture template?
    It seems that it only happens when I'm in high detail mode. I wonder if I've turned off whatever makes the wall show up when you are creating them somehow. These are old wall styles I brought over and they displayed incorrectly when I first added them to the new drawing. I always have a hard time remembering what all the display settings do, once I get them set I usually don't mess with them much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I opened your file, and saw this:
    2017-08-24_ACA2018_FloorPlan_WallsShow.png

There were two Wall Styles, both single-component (stud), one 4" and one 6". It looks normal to me; is there something else I should be looking at but have not noticed?

Login to Give a bone

They show fine after they have been created. It's during the creation that only one line shows. IE I can't tell if it is right or left justified.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by xxdabroxx754627 View Post
    They show fine after they have been created. It's during the creation that only one line shows. IE I can't tell if it is right or left justified.
    Ah, yes, I get the same here on your file.

The High Detail Display Configuration has the Plan High Detail Display Representation turned on for Walls.

The TAG_2x4 Wall Style uses the drawing default Plan High Detail Display Representation; the TAG_2x6 Wall Style has a style-level override on the Plan High Detail Display Representation. In both cases, you have turned off all of the Boundary components. The preview image of the Wall that shows when a Wall is being placed or edited is based on the Boundary components - with those off, there is no preview image. If you want to see the preview as you draw, you will need to turn the display of the Boundary components on.

Login to Give a bone

Awesome, thanks you much!