Thread: C4R License needed only on Admin/Managing accounts?

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb C4R License needed only on Admin/Managing accounts?

Hello,

I'm sorry if the topic is irrelevant but I've been looking for information everywhere and nobody says clearly how many licenses are needed.

We are a practice of around 60 people and we partner with other trades involved via C4R. First we started with the 60 days trial and then we've ordered 6 licenses C4R. This morning our partners asked me do we expect them to purchase C4R licenses as well because their trial expired and they seem to keep having access to the central files on our hub. I wasn't sure what to answer. Also we had a new started yesterday which just created an autodesk account, I've sent an invitation and the user had access to the central file without assigning C4R seat or starting trial. It seems that only the admin of the hub and project admins need to have C4R seats for managing purposes and the rest of the team members which were invited by us can access the model and collaborate anyway. Is that correct? It's relatively new product so there isn't much feedback about it.

Thank you

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: C4R License needed only on Admin/Managing accounts?

The C4R licenses are for all the designers who will be creating or editing content, i.e. working in the Revit model. C4R has a web portal, where other users can view the model, sheets and views on a browser or a smart phone app. You don't need a C4R license to view the data from the web portal or app. However, one still needs an Autodesk account to log into. btw. the administrator of the C4R site will need a C4R license, regardless if they are working in the project.