Thread: Revit 2016, How to use same family devices I used in earlier project. In Autocad you just use same mep-file

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Revit 2016, How to use same family devices I used in earlier project. In Autocad you just use same mep-file

Hi dear members

When I as an electrical engineer create a new project in Revit 2016 I have to load every single electrical device again.

My Questions is:
    Can I use same file I have in earlier project to the new one so I can scip to load new devices again in every project?
    Like autocad, there is a mep-file you add and then you have same devices.

Hope anyone here can solve it and thank you for your interest.
    With best regards

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2016, How to use same family devices I used in earlier project. In Autocad you just use same mep-file

yes, you can load your commonly used devices, all your electrical settings, view settings, etc. in a template file to start projects with.
    you can also drag your devices into a project via windows explorer, for your already started projects.
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2016, How to use same family devices I used in earlier project. In Autocad you just use same mep-file

Thank you Mhartmann for your fast answer.

Not so easy for me to understand your answer, I'm not that profetional Revit user hehe

For example in my existing project when i choose lighting device under properties toolbar I have all loaded luminairies to choose between menwhile in a New project I have to load all devices again. I will be thankful if you can explain how I can avoid to load all luminaries/devices again (avoid to repeat) and use from another project file there I allready have loaded all devices I need, if it works on Revit.
    Hope you understand my explaining.

Thank you!

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Sounds like you'd be happy to understand more about Project Templates. http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/20...8-C199B1BC4207

You can set up a project template with all the families you would typically need. But you can also import large groups of families from the same folder by selecting then via the 'Load Family' tool: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/20...6-CAB6C362049A

Login to Give a bone

Thanks all for the help, I appreciate your help! <3