See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Autocad LT 2012 how do I turn off dynamic display when zooming

Login to Give a bone

Default Autocad LT 2012 how do I turn off dynamic display when zooming

How do I turn off the dynamic transition when entering a zoom command? I am pretty sure it is a variable that needs to be toggled, but can't find anything anywhere in the pull-down menus, options settings etc.
    I have been using Autocad for decades and the default drives me absolutely crazy...
    Secondly, is there anywhere I can still find a list of keyboard commands and Autocad variables? I'm not getting any help through Autocad exchange, not sure why. Do I have to go back to my old versions of Autocad to get any locally accessible help??
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad LT 2012 how do I turn off dynamic display when zooming

Quote Originally Posted by gill View Post
    How do I turn off the dynamic transition when entering a zoom command? I am pretty sure it is a variable that needs to be toggled, but can't find anything anywhere in the pull-down menus, options settings etc.
    I have been using Autocad for decades and the default drives me absolutely crazy...
    Secondly, is there anywhere I can still find a list of keyboard commands and Autocad variables? I'm not getting any help through Autocad exchange, not sure why. Do I have to go back to my old versions of Autocad to get any locally accessible help??
    Thanks
    Not sure about LT but the dialog to get at the dynamic zoom options is "vtoptions" (view transition options)
    For the command alias' you need to get to the Acad.pgp file, I think it may be named differently like Acadlt.pgp or something...

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad LT 2012 how do I turn off dynamic display when zooming

Many thanks Ted for the reply. vtoptions worked for LT too. Independently I found it, (eventually) - the VTENABLE variable has to be set to 0. There are 7 possible settings for VTENABLE. This used to be easily accessible from within the Options menu, I don't understand why Autodesk would remove it and make it so hard to find.

For others out there who are frustrated by the disappearance of the online help, there is still some help available from within the program. Go to Tools\Options\System and unclick the button “Access online content (including Help) when available”.
    Then, use F1 to access help which will direct you to a different website. It’s a bit rudimentary, but better than nothing.
    There is LT 2013 help available at http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDLT/2013/ENU/. The 2012 version seems to have been taken down