See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Phasing with Linked Arch model in MEP

Login to Give a bone

Default Phasing with Linked Arch model in MEP

I am having troubles with a project we are working on... Someone else in the company has set this up and linked one of our prior projects into it so they could use some hosted families that were already setup. We have not matched the linked Architectural models phases exactly and are having problems with graphics showing correctly. When starting a Revit MEP project, is it best practice to match the Architects phases exactly? I think this is what we have always done and I have never had this many problems with Phasing and graphic overrides. The Architect has 4 phases setup... Existing, Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3. The way our MEP model was setup is Prior Projects (which is the link we had with the hosted families), Existing and New. Would it be easier if we setup the phases to match the Architect?

The problems we are having are our ducts underneath are not showing up dashed. If I modify the Phase filter for New under Show Complete to By Category the dashing shows up, but there is not a distinction between New and Existing ducts (the line-weight is the same).

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phasing with Linked Arch model in MEP

in most cases, you should match the architect's phases, and map them in your model. that way they can do the same when they link yours back in, and everyone's views will match up. unless your mep drawings are being printed with all the new phases at once, then i would leave it set as only existing and new.

your graphic issue is due to the hierarchy of graphics overrides. (look these up, i always forget which one wins) but sounds like the phase (previous/existing being set to thin/solid) is taking over for your new work filter weight/linetype and hidden settings. not sure of a solution for you, but i think that's what it's doing...
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phasing with Linked Arch model in MEP

I figured it out... it is so simple sometimes. haha!!! The override for linetype for New Construction was set to solid. Could've sworn I had checked that. Anyways, thanks for the response!!!