Thread: Drawing a stage in Revit 2017

Login to Give a bone

Default Drawing a stage in Revit 2017

Can somebody help me draw a stage platform in Revit 2017 for a church? I can't figure in out. PLease provide bullet point step by step. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing a stage in Revit 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ken.arlt View Post
    Can somebody help me draw a stage platform in Revit 2017 for a church? I can't figure in out. PLease provide bullet point step by step. Thanks.
    That is a tall order... Revit is a complex program, and we don't know what you know or your experience.

Questions:
    Why/how are you doing this in Revit?
    Do you have experience working in Revit?
    Do you have experience in designing/modeling anything?
    Have you ever built anything?

Sorry if this comes off as sarcastic, but modeling a stage seems pretty straight forward for anyone with experience using Revit, hence my questions.

My Reader's Digest version of how I would do this (not knowing exactly what you're looking to do, or what you know about Revit):

1. Get on the base "Level" the stage will sit on (assume level 1?).
    2. If there isn't a floor at the base level, model a floor to the desired extents.
    3. Model the walls that will hold the stage floor.
    4. Model the stage floor on top of the stage walls.

Hope this helps you get a start...

Login to Give a bone

Along with Teds Points
    How you plan on it being building. ie What is it going to be constructed with? Is this a basic Riser platform sim to an elevated floor system, Pedestals and Plate Tiles? Or is this traditional lumber framing?
    What are yo planing to get out of it? Did you want to do something close to shop/fabrication drawings? Quantity Take off? Just simple Design Drawings for board approval? Simple space planning?
    Who are you going to give these drawings to? City, Contractor, Builder, Are you issuing this to multiple bidders?
    These are the questions I would need to have answered before I start giving advice on what to do.
    This could be something that's done with basic walls and floor. Or it could be much more complex than that to include connections, Piece marks, and placement drawings.
    I'd be thinking this is something that I could do conceptually in about 3hrs or less, or I could spend 300hrs depending on size and level of detail and level of development required.

Login to Give a bone

Everyone has made really good points. And, I'd reach out to Tom Dorner, who has some experience with stage / set modeling and might be able to provide you with some real-world technical advice.