I am looking for a way to edit multiple simple text entries so that I select them all and then edit them in order, instead of picking the text, editing it, pressing okay and then moving onto the next. I want to be able to select a whole bunch and then cycle through them. I can't use find and replace because I'm replacing each entry with different text.

I've tried various lsp routines I've found on the internet, and none of them works.

I found that I could use CHANGE, and then press enter until I got to the 'enter new text' option, and although that allows me to select as many as I want, I have to keep pressing enter until I get the option I want - I may as well just use dedit. I've tried the 'multiple mode' in dedit, and that just does nothing, it still only allows me to select one at a time. So I thought I'd write a macro using CHANGE. That works for the first selection, but for the others I've selected I have to keep pressing enter to get the option. I've tried everything I could think of without success. Does anyone know how I can make it find the correct change option in the macro for all of the objects selected? This is the macro I wrote:

^C^C_.select;\_.change previous;;;;;;; (the number of 'enter's is the number required to get to the 'enter new text' option). I've tried a "*" at the beginning, a "\" at the end, a "\;;;;;;" at the end, and nothing works.

What am I doing wrong? Or does anyone know of a lsp routine? (Not tedit.lsp, it requires something called ddedit which causes my computer to have a hissy fit - it says unknown command, and then makes all inputs on the command line go invisible, forcing me to close and restart autocad.)