Thread: label styles

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default label styles

Attached is a new label style i created to use for due north, south, east and west bearings. Everything seems to be working
    fine except i noticed either a single or double tiny dot in the center of the bearing. not sure what is causing that to appear.
    and it does print. i'm thinking it is a marker of some sort, but can't find where to change it.

attached is an image of the problem. hope it's visible.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: label styles

Could you post a DWG with this style? What software version?

I haven't seen this before. My only thought is that it is some component of the label that is really really small.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

attached is the dwg where i created this.

Login to Give a bone

Zoom in really close and you'll see that they are not dots. They are the bearing components of the label style that are set to very small sizes by the expressions used for their text height.

First, lets get it down to just one 'dot' to deal with. The Bearing-North component has a different Attachment and Y offset that the others bearing components. Edit the attachment to be middle center and the Y to be 0.10" Now we have them all at the same location making one 'dot'.

My first thought was to use the expressions for the Y offset as well as the text height. This would make the 'dot' coincide with the line being labeled and not visible. That worked for labels along the line but not in drag mode.

So, my suggestion is to add a tiny block of a wipeout to the style, anchor it to one of the bearing components middle centers and cover up the 'dot'.

Login to Give a bone

Any reason why instead of an actually text height like .08 or .1 you have the text height set to North, East, West, etc.?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    Any reason why instead of an actually text height like .08 or .1 you have the text height set to North, East, West, etc.?
    i got this style from someone else, but i think the text height comes from the expression which if the bearing is North, it sets the height of South very small so it's not visible and vice versa.

Login to Give a bone

You could also try just editing the expressions to return an even smaller text height than the current small size and see if the printed/plotted resulting dot is acceptable.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    i got this style from someone else, but i think the text height comes from the expression which if the bearing is North, it sets the height of South very small so it's not visible and vice versa.
    Yeah, the different components are set up for any scenario. If the bearing is true north, east, south, or west it just says that direction due to the respective component controlling that. if it's not a true bearing it uses the other component to show that bearing.

The problem the label styles are suffering from is that 4 of the 5 styles are not being used and CAD is making them show up as the dot when not being used. If you have one showing up as east and you delete out every other bearing component the dot disappears.

MMccall's solution of dropping in a background mask works, but the dot seems to be tied to font style. I didn't play around with every style, but if you set them to arial or calibri the dot problem goes away. I tried a couple roman styles and the dot persisted, not sure which will and which won't.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

thanks to everyone for the suggestions and info.

does anybody have another idea how to accomplish this?

Login to Give a bone

Fixed using the wipeout block method. (See attached dwg)
    Attached Files Attached Files