Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CROSS HAIRS

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default CROSS HAIRS

I'm using 2016, and my pet peeve is when you first start up the software and let it do it's thing loading, when it's finally done all you have
    is the mouse cursor showing. you have to left click to get the crosshairs to appear and then it's starting a selection window which you have to hit escape to start anything.

is this the norm, i've opened 2017 and 2018 and both of them do the same thing.

is there a setting of something that can change this so the cross hairs are active when it's finished starting up?

thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CROSS HAIRS

How long are you waiting before you left click? Mine will show the cursor at first but then switches to the cross hairs after about 30 seconds. This is 2018 C3D.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurphy View Post
    How long are you waiting before you left click? Mine will show the cursor at first but then switches to the cross hairs after about 30 seconds. This is 2018 C3D.
    I don't wait long at all a few seconds....need to get to work asap....LOL
    i will try waiting and see if that works.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

waiting for more than 30 seconds didn't work for me.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Might be a video card issue.

Login to Give a bone

MY CROSSHAIRS ARE DISAPPEARING ALL THE TIME. TO BRING THEM BACK, I JUST HOVER OVER THE "2D WIREFRAME" IN THE TOP LEFT OF MY WINDOW AND C3D GIVES THEM BACK. I ALSO HAVE AN AFTERMARKET GRAPHICS CARD.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    Might be a video card issue.
    I'd really like to believe that you're mistaken -

I just tested this in 2016 am not getting this issue despite recalling it using previous workstations. However, in 2018 I am having the same issue as noted above on my new workstation. Alt+Tab to another window and then again to come back to C3D restores the cursor. If this is a GPU issue, I'll be dealing with it for some time. Haha

My workstation specs: i7-7700K 4.2 Ghz +Turbo CPU, 512 GB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA Quadro P4000 GPU

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

On startup I have no crosshairs and "AeciRibbonUiApi..." on the command line. When doing something else I could switch to C3D an hour later with it looking exactly the same, but it comes to life as soon as I click a function on the Ribbon or type in a command. Kinda like it's in screensaver mode. I've gotten used to it, as long it works when I'm trying to do something.

Login to Give a bone

I am seeing the same thing here in 2016. It seems to me that the Windows Mouse Cursor is active, until you click on ANY part of the application. Like the application is not gaining focus in Windows, until you select some part of it.

To answer your direct question, if you click on the command line, or Ribbon area, or title bar, or essentially anywhere except the drawing editor area, then the crosshairs appear when the cursor is moved back to the drawing editor area.
    This prevents the "starting a selection window" that you are complaining about (I've noticed this irritating thing too in recent versions, but just never thought to explore the reasons.)
    Of course you could set PICKAUTO to (current setting * -1) or zero to avoid the "starting a selection window" too, but you probably want this setting to be a positive number the rest of the time.

I suspect that this could be solved by simulating a left-mouse click somewhere in the APP.
    I tried displaying the cursor menu with (menucmd "P0=*"), but even if you clear that - the crosshairs can be seen, but the Windows Mouse is still active (and not "connected to" the AutoCAD crosshairs)

I wonder if this is a side-effect of the new graphics sub-system introduced with 2015?
    2014 does not behave like this.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Some, but not all of our users are experiencing this on our 2015 C3D installs. However, it is more like Icebergs in that cad won't finish loading until you click inside the autocad typically the drawing editor area. I was attributing it to inefficiencies in a LISP routine that I hope to clean up when we move to 2018.

We're on a virtual network and using the Nividia Tesla M60 vGPU. While its a beast of a graphics card I attributed it to the quirks of a virtual network and or an old LISP routine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast