Thread: Duct and Pipe Insulation Definition by System Type

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Duct and Pipe Insulation Definition by System Type

Summary: I would like the ability to define insulation/liner thickness in the duct and pipe system definition.

Description: Adding insulation or liner to duct or piping is currently a manual process. You can tab select sections to add it to multiple sections at once, but any modifications to that duct (any new duct branches, etc) require the user to manually add the liner to the revised duct/pipe as well.

I would like the ability to assign the duct and pipe systems to automatically include _" of insulation. This would help streamline the workflow of modeling accurate duct space requirements within the model. This could be defined in the template and cover all system types (such as duct outside the envelope versus inside) and could be narrowed down on a project specific basis.

The ability for an override may be considered, but may not be required - one could create different system types to suit their needs.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - MEP Insulation and Lining - (Mechanical

Submitted By: Cory.Killpack on 09/08/2017

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Duct and Pipe Insulation Definition by System Type

The ability to assign insulation type and thickness to pipe and duct types is a must.